Thank you for considering a career at Collier Youth Services!
Are you searching for a sense of purpose and a career that is rewarding in itself? Let Collier Youth Services be the intersection of meaning and fulfillment in your career. Join our community and transform the lives of at-risk children!
Since 1927, Collier Youth Services has been devoted to the mission of serving at-risk and PROMISING children, youth, and families. Our programs have developed over the years in response to the changing needs of the young people and families we serve. Today, Collier Youth Services is a non-profit that addresses the therapeutic and social issues of our youngsters through educational, residential, and recreational programs of the highest quality. Using a holistic approach, Collier provides at-risk youth support and care. While our services continue to evolve, one thing remains constant: our commitment to nurturing the potential of each person and honoring their individual worth.
We offer comprehensive benefits to support the health and financial security for our full-time staff:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Annual discretionary employer contributions
- Voluntary AFLAC benefits
- Short Term Disability Income Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Cancer Indemnity Insurance
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Whole Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care
- Dependent Care
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Potential eligibility for federal loan forgiveness programs
- Innovative in-service training and professional development
- Data-driven and best practices
- Discounts offers for entertainment/travel/shopping, childcare, and much more!
Attractive schedules and hours!
- Residential – our residential programs offer a variety of shifts to fit our staff’s needs: Day, Afternoon, and Overnight
- School – other than leadership, our school staff work 210 days per year (vs. the average US worker’s 260 days). Teachers, Aides, Social Workers, and clerical staff participate in school holidays and breaks!
- Teachers and Aides have 6.5 hour workdays
- Social Workers and Clerical staff have 7 hour workdays
- 10 sick days per year
- 3 personal days per year if full-time (2 if part-time)
- Agency – Our year-round staff who do not follow the school schedule receive…
- Full Time: 14 holidays, starting at two weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days, and 12 sick days.
- Part Time: 14 holidays, starting at two weeks paid vacation, 2 personal days, and 10 sick days (prorated).
- Kateri Day Camp Summer 2023 Positions
- Part-Time or Consultant Psychiatric APN or Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist
- High School Drama Teacher
- High School English Teacher
- High School Social Studies Teacher
- IT Support Technician
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Middle/High School Instructional Aide/Paraprofessional
- Middle School Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD or TOH)
- Middle School World Language Teacher
- Group Home - Female Relief Counselor - morning or overnight shifts
- Collier House (Transitional Living Program) - Female Relief Counselor
- Substitute School Nurse - Collier School
- Substitute Teachers & Aides - Collier School
- Social Worker
Kateri Day Camp Summer 2023 Positions
Part-Time or Consultant Psychiatric APN or Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist
High School Drama Teacher
High School English Teacher
High School Social Studies Teacher
IT Support Technician
Marketing Communications Manager
Middle/High School Instructional Aide/Paraprofessional
Middle School Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD or TOH)
Middle School World Language Teacher
Group Home - Female Relief Counselor - morning or overnight shifts
Collier House (Transitional Living Program) - Female Relief Counselor
Substitute School Nurse - Collier School
Substitute Teachers & Aides - Collier School
If you are interested in applying for a position or inquiring about available position for Collier Youth Services, please send a cover letter, resume, and any relevant certifications/licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All applicants are required to have a Criminal History Background clearance, Fingerprinting and Sexual Misconduct/Child Abuse Disclosure Release.
Tammy Trigg and
Collier High School
Even though I have retired from public schools, I am able to continue to do meaningful and impactful work and make a difference in my students lives. I don’t wish to retire any time soon, and I can work here without endangering my pension. It’s a win-win!
Collier is a blessing in this world. [Their residential program] gives young women going through such difficult situations a safe place to grow and heal. The staff workers are truly a special brand of women. I was fortunate enough to be placed here for a few years and not only was I able to go out into the world with a stable background afterwards, they have become a family for me for life. They have been there for me through various stages of my life. From my wedding, to sharing the joy as my daughter was married. As a young woman of 50 now, I thank God for Collier services and the walking angels who give so selflessly. Thank you with love.
Collier is different because we have an unconditional acceptance of our students. We allow them to be themselves. We look for ways to support them and look past their behaviors and try to understand and connect with them.
Collier has small class sizes, and we have so much flexibility in how we approach solutions for the children; in other schools the curriculum is more controlled.
I treasure the absolute support given to me in my professional and private life over the last 16 years by very special staff, both past and present, which did not exist in my previous position as a public school teacher. I would never, ever want to teach anywhere else.
Students have a safe environment with endless opportunities to do something they enjoy or find their potential. The outdoor activities and engagement is super impactful and something I have not seen at public schools.
There is no place like Collier. It is a haven on a hill that no one really knows about. It is a community of caring that students and staff have no place like other than here.
Collier is integrity. Integrity in carrying out the mission and belief that one person is of more value than a world. We put this action with everything we do.